Facebook is a widely used social media network mainly utilized for its commendable features that attract an audience globally. This network provides a platform where all its users can share a significant amount of information about themselves, connect with other users virtually, share pictures and videos, share their achievements, make friends, socialize, live chat, and much more. It is truly one platform packed with numerous interesting features, making it the largest network in the Social media world. One of its advantageous features is the Poll on Facebook. Let’s discuss a little bit more about Polling on Facebook.
WHAT IS A POLL ON FACEBOOK?
A poll on Facebook is a feature that was initially launched by Instagram and later followed by Facebook. This interactive feature allows the users to ask their audience a question with two alternatives to choose from; users may choose the alternative that they prefer better than the other. Once the users have chosen their preference, the results are converted into a percentage shown for each alternative. The percentage average makes it easier to comprehend which one of the alternatives is dominant. In a nutshell, Poll Facebook is a great source to settle debates or make plans. There are seven ways to make a poll on Facebook; we will discuss it all in this blog.
STEPS TO MAKE A POLL ON FACEBOOK STORY
The first way is to post it on Facebook Story using your Facebook application. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to learn how to post a poll on Facebook.
- Open the Facebook mobile application on your Smartphone and log in to your account if not already logged in
- Tap on your profile and then tap on Create a Story to create the poll
- Swipe left until you see a card with Poll written on it; once you find it – tap on it
- Add your question and add the two alternatives as per your preference; you can add a photo, video, or a gradient as the background to your poll
- Once you are satisfied with the poll, post it by tapping on Share Now.
STEPS TO MAKE A POLL ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER
You can make a poll on Facebook Messenger using your desktop browser and your Smartphone. First, we will discuss how to do just that using your desktop browser; then, we will move onto the procedure using a Smartphone.
- Open the Facebook webpage and log in to your account
- From the list of friends on your right, click on a group conversation and click on the plus (+) symbol at the bottom of the chat window, and select Poll from the options
- Type your questions and two preferences to choose from; once you’ve inserted all the information, click on Create Poll to share it on the group
- Open the Facebook messenger app and open a group chat on your messenger
- Tap on the plus sign at the bottom of the chat window and select Poll from the options
- Type in your question and the two options to choose from
- Finally, tap on Create Poll to share it on the group
HOW TO MAKE A POLL ON FACEBOOK GROUPS
Another way to post a poll is to post it on a group using desktop and Smartphone. To know how to post a poll on Facebook, please follow the steps below.
- Open Facebook and login to your account to land onto the News Feed page
- Locate Groups in the left column and click on it to open all groups
- Choose a group to share the poll on, click on the textbox when the group opens, and select poll from the options just below the textbox
- Please type your question and your two answers; click on Post once you’ve inserted all required content and you are satisfied with it
- Open Facebook mobile application and login if not already logged in
- Tap on the three parallel lines at the bottom-right of the screen and then select groups from all the options appearing on your screen
- Please select a group to post your poll on and tap on the textbox when it opens
- Swipe up to reveal all options and select Poll from these options
- Type your question and the two options; tap on Post once you are done and satisfied with your poll
STEPS TO POST A POLL ON FACEBOOK EVENTS
The last way to poll Facebook is to post it on the events using desktop and Smartphone. Follow the steps below to complete the task.
- Open Facebook on your desktop browser and log in to your account
- Locate Events in the left column on your Facebook page and click on it to open the list of all events you are a part of
- Click on your desired event to open that particular event’s page on your browser; when it opens, click on the textbox at the top of the page
- Select Create Poll from the options and insert your question as well as two options to choose from; once you are done, click on Post to publish the poll on the event page
- Open the Facebook mobile application on your Smartphone and login if not already logged in
- Tap on the three horizontal parallel lines at the top-right corner of your screen
- Select Events from the options and select Hosting (sub-heading under Events); this will display all events you are hosting
- Select and open the event from the list and tap on the textbox on that page, swipe up to reveal all options under the textbox – select Poll from those options
- Please type your question and your options in their respective fields and tap on Post to publish the poll on your Facebook.
Using the aforementioned steps, you can easily post a poll on Facebook from your desktop or Smartphone. Now that you know how to, you can fully relish this feature and share it with your friends or use it to your business advantage. For any other assistance, kindly refer to our other blogs.